A Comprehensive Guide to Choosing the Right Bathroom Tiles
‘Bathroom is a room too’ goes the saying and hence choosing fittings, fixtures, and tiles for this room is as important as for any other part of the home. Bathroom tiles have some specific requirement and the following guide will help you through the selection process seamlessly.
- Types of Tiles: There are various types of tiles available like ceramic, porcelain, stone, and mosaic. All have their own characteristic features. For instance, ceramic are ideal for those bathrooms that have light to moderate traffic. They are easy to clean and are stain- and slip- resistant, but somewhat prone to wear and chipping. If you have more people in the house or have pets, then porcelain is a better choice as it is resistant to stains and scratches. Thus, depending upon the usage, you should go through the characteristics of each tile before deciding.
- Slip Wear Ratings: The major problem in a bathroom is of slipping, especially in wet areas. If you visit Revecuisine, you will find endless choices when it comes to slip-rating, size, color, and finishes. You need to take care to choose those that have high slip rating.
- Size of the Tiles: The size of the tiles should be chosen keeping in mind the size of the bathroom. A large bathroom looks great in large format tiles, but the same would look totally out of place in a smaller bathroom. In a limited size room, it always makes sense to go with diamond pattern creating diagonal lines to give the space a feel of a bigger room.
- Have Only One Show-Stopper: There are beautiful collections of tiles available in the market and you will often be tempted to go for some fun patterns. Always keep in mind to have only one show-stopper and build the rest around it. This will make the space look timeless and elegant and the focus will be on one element to make it shine out.
- Color of Tiles: The colors you choose should be in sync with your style and personality and also coordinate with the rest of the home. However, care should be taken not to go with very bold or dark shades. If you use light neutral colors, you can transform small space into a more spacious and open room.
Keeping these things in mind will help you in making the right choice of bathroom tiles.